START A BUSINESS NOW!
ACTS-Enterprise Developement Programme
Welcome to our ACTS - Enterprise Development Programme. Most of the skills required to be successful as a Business Owner or Investor are not taught in school. In fact it’s remarkable just how many successful businessmen left school early but got their real education in the cut and thrust of the business world. We are in no way suggesting to you that you must leave school.
However, it is interesting to know that most successful business owners are innately curious, knowledge-thirsty and uncompromising in the pursuit of their goals. They chose to learn through Mentors; they read voraciously, and attend training courses and educational seminars converting this knowledge into action. The rules in the business world are totally different. They are completely different worlds and require different mindsets, tools, skills and behavior. Continuous learning and education should be your constant bedfellows in order to help you on this entrepreneurial journey
This 7 sessions programme has been designed for Youth, students, ekasi/ villages/ township entrepreneurs and leaders from all walks of life who want to grow in their entrepreneurial education and build sustainable businesses from an early age. We believe that developing an entrepreneurial spirit from an early age is one of the key drivers for sustainable economic growth. We trust that you will enjoy this Enterprise development programme.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for this programme.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
• Know the importance of entrepreneurial education
• Differentiate between entrepreneurship as a field of study, research and way of life
• Have an in depth understanding of why the 80% business close down before five years
• Learn what it takes to build a sustainable business
• Develop your Business Team to ensure profitability and sustainability.
• Explore different kinds of businesses you can do eKasi and on the Campus while you are a student.
• Put a practical business concept,detailed plan and execute it
Lesson 1 – Creativity and Innovation
Lesson 2 – Capital raising
Lesson 3 – Selling
Lesson 4 – Developing systems
Lesson 5 – Managing cashflow
Lesson 6 – Investing wisely
Lesson 7- Giving Back - Corporate social responsibility
Wrapping Up – Think and Create a Legacy