Agriculture in Africa offers many diverse opportunities. This is one area where Africa can have a competitive advantage over every other continent for some of the following basic reasons:
- Agriculture is ingrained in the culture; over 60% of Africans are already involved in farming, though largely subsistence.
- There is an abundance of arable land estimated at a potential of over 300 million hectares, according to the Food Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- The climate is largely favorable.
- There is access to water.
- Africa can meet diverse agricultural requirements.
- There is a market right in Africa - local consumption currently far outstrips production.
- There are relatively low labor costs.
- There is potential Arable Land and Market Size
- There is Exports and Foreign Involvement in African Farmland
- Land”Gold” Rush
- Palm Oil
- Government Investment in Africa, 10% of National Budgets( NEPAD), 2010-Africa Growth.
- Tackling Challenges of Agriculture in Africa while creating Opportunities
We have a Team of Mentors specifically assigned to provide support to Entrepreneurs emerging within the Agricultural industry. We are currently involved with Startup Farmers in Newcastle and Pietermaritzburg Kwa Zulu Natal.
For more discussions on how you can get involved as a Funder/ Mentor or Mentee, contact us on Info@mfvest.co.za